My Villiage: Buamdong
Relax here with fresh air and beautiful scenery!
Overview of Neighborhood
Nestled between Inwang and Bugak mountains, Buamdong (부암동) is a peaceful neighborhood located in north-central Seoul.
- Buamdong is really popular place among Korean people. The town is surrounded by lush green forests, unusual rock formations, as well as various historical properties. Unique restaurants and galleries are scattered around, and the popular hallyu drama ‘The 1st shop of Coffee Prince’ was filmed here. Koreans who want a break from the city often come here to have fresh air and rest with their family. The beautiful scenery heals the people.
The nearest subway is Gyeongbokgung(景福宫), line No.3.
It takes 7~10 minutes to go to the station by bus, but the subway is not within walking distance from my house.
However, 6 buses near my house go to tourist attractions directly such as Myeongdong(明洞)， Insadong(仁寺洞) ， Dongdaemun(东大门) ，Namdaemun(南大门) and more.
It is quite convenient. Every morning I will give you information how to go there and recommend some places.
Free Pick up Service on the first day.
- From Incheon Airport: You should take an airport bus, No. 6011 and get off at Gyeongbokgung station(경복궁역). I will pick you up by car there.
It takes less than one hour.
- From Gimpo Airport: You should take a subway at Gimpo lntl. Airport(김포공항), Airport Railroad line and then transfer at Gongdeok(공덕) to line no. 5(purple line). Please get off at Gwanghwamun station(광화문, 光化门) and exit from Exit no.2. I will pick you up by car there.
Travel on foot
- 5 mins. to go to good restaurants and coffee shops. There you can find food such as a dumpling soup, fried chicken, pork barbecue, Korean food, pizza and more!
- 5 mins. to go Cheongun park (hill of Yundongju) and Seoul Fortress
The park is really beautiful. You can see all of downtown Seoul there. Also the entrance of Seoul fortress is just 5 minutes away from my house. It is historical property and many people go for a climb there on weekend.
- 15mins. to go Cheongwadae (Blue House) where the President lives.
- 15mins. to go Baeksa Valley(Baeksashil) which was the site of a villa of a renowned prime minister in the Joseon Dynasty. With easy trails and plenty of places to rest, Baeksashil is the perfect spot for a private picnic or a family outing.
- 20~30mins. to go Gyeongbokgung Palace, Gyeongbokgung station
Travel By bus
- 5~10mins. to go Cheongwadae (Blue House)
- 10mins. to go Gyeongbokgung Palace, Gyeongbokgung station
- 15mins. to go Gwanghwamun, Cheonggaecheon, City Hall. Samcheongdong, Insadong
- 20~30mins. to go Seoul train station, Myeongdong, Namdaemun Market and Dongdaemun Market
It takes about 3~5 minutes to go to the nearest bus stop from Cindy's B&B.
No transfer. Each bus goes directly to tourist attractions